See what experience I can bring to help bring your organization to the level of digital.
Throughout this page you will find a wealth of detail regarding my work history, contributions and successes. You will have an opportunity to see some of the areas of expetise that I can bring to your organization. You will learn about my education and continual education successes and you will see a bit about my thought leadership opportunities in the form of public speaking in the areas of digital marketing and transformation.
For quick reference, you can also download a variety of assets here.
With nearly two decades of experience as a digital strategist and technology leader, I bring a wealth of expertise to the table in the in the areas of digital marketing, technology, and leadership. I am skilled at translating complex technology concepts into clear, actionable strategies that drive growth and innovation. My passion for digital transformation, coupled with my commitment to excellence, enables me to stay ahead of the curve in the rapidly evolving digital landscape. I have a proven track record of leading global teams to deliver cutting-edge solutions that exceed expectations and drive results. I am excited to leverage my skills and experience to help organizations achieve their goals and position themselves as leaders in the digital space.
Major: International Marketing
Magna cum laude
Vice President Digital Demand Generation
Nile, San Jose, CA. (Remote) | 7/2021 – Current
As the Vice President of Digital Demand Generation at Nile, I was personally recruited by the CMO to digitally launch the company’s premier new brand and build a successful digital marketing practice from scratch. Through my leadership, I defined and implemented effective strategies and go-to-market activities that delivered strong results and accelerated growth across a portfolio of products and services.
Built and led the digital demand generation team from the ground up, creating a successful program that contributed to a sales pipeline exceeding $50M annually.
Successfully launched and managed marketing automation programs, resulting in a 40% increase in lead conversions and a 30% increase in lead-to-opportunity conversion rates.
Optimized PPC campaigns resulting in a 50% reduction in cost-per-click and a 75% increase in click-through rates.
Defined and launched SEO strategy achieving page one on strategic terms in first 90 days, bounce rate of under 30% and conversion rate from channel to 60%.
Built and managed the company’s fully integrated MarTech/SalesTech stack, including CRM, CMS, lead management, analytics, digital advertising, and partner management.
Conducted thorough market research to identify key trends and customer pain points, resulting in the creation of effective messaging and positioning for the company’s products and services.
Led the development of targeted content marketing campaigns that generated over 10,000 leads in first six months while increased quarter over quarter engagement rates by 50%.
Utilized advanced analytics tools and techniques to optimize campaigns and improve ROI, resulting in a 25% increase in marketing efficiency.
Developed and executed a comprehensive A/B testing program resulting in a 20% increase in website engagement and a 15% increase in lead generation.
Led the development and execution of a highly effective website personalization program, resulting in a 30% increase in website engagement and a 20% increase in lead generation.
Vice President Digital Marketing
Cherwell Software, Denver, CO. (Remote) | 11/2019 – 7/2021
As a strategic Vice President of Digital Marketing, I championed an extensive rebuild of the company’s digital marketing, MarTech and operations practice, delivering creative vision and strategic leadership to create a global digital demand generation organization that delivers personalized digital marketing experiences to prospects, customers, and partners.
- Pivoted the company’s G.T.M. digital programs in March 2020, resulting in the achievement of core KPIs and revenue targets despite COVID-19 challenges.
- Increased MQL production by 200% and sales pipeline by 60% in under 2 years by executing an omnichannel digital strategy for a $250M B2B SaaS company.
- Developed and rolled out a Digital Marketing Playbook Series that redefined digital best practices and strategies for SEM, digital branding, and web ecosystems, resulting in increased engagement and conversions.
- Improved lead generation by 30% in year one by developing and implementing a comprehensive content marketing strategy.
- Improved email nurture strategies to a database of more than 500K globally, resulting in improved open rates by 40%, click-through rates by 28%, and conversion rates by greater than 50%.
- Increased inquiry to closed won conversion rate by 27% by implementing data hygiene strategy, retiring obsolete/underutilized databases, and refreshing the lead router and scoring system.
- Established closed loop reporting capabilities to power real-time dashboards showing weighted and unweighted pipeline, year over year and month over month comparisons, lead and opportunity volumes, and funnel stage conversion rates, by global region and by channel.
- Reduced technology debt by more than $1M annually by sunsetting redundant and unnecessary platforms, resulting in 60% higher utilization in remaining technology platforms.
- Created a test and learn culture across the organization by implementing A/B and multi-variant testing resulting in a 40% reduction in the cost per acquisition for qualified leads.
Sr. Director of Digital Marketing
Cochlear, Centennial, CO. | 11/2017 – 11/2019
Acting as the General Manager for Winston Brand’s eCommerce businesses, I led the development and implementation of strategic initiatives to drive business growth and improve profitability. This included managing P&L, overseeing technology investments and direction, and optimizing user experience. I also led the development of innovative marketing strategies, executed successful business development initiatives, and managed product management processes.
- Championed the development and execution of a comprehensive digital strategy that transformed a traditional catalog business into a successful digital-first ecommerce business.
- Optimized ecommerce operations by conducting a thorough marketplace audit and implementing automated solutions to update product availability in real-time across multiple channels, resulting in improved customer satisfaction and revenue growth.
- Successfully expanded the company’s ecommerce reach by launching new net new channels including Amazon.com, Wayfair and Walmart in both the US and Canada.
- Implemented several redesign and re-platforming projects for collectionsetc.com and betterseniorliving.com, resulting in significant improvements in SEO, reducing abandon cart percentage by 43%, and increasing organic search by 140%.
- Boosted social media engagement by 30%, driving high-quality inbound traffic from Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, and fostering stronger connections with customers.
- Maximized performance of search channels by restructuring ad groups, optimizing keyword buys, and integrating SEO/SEM programs, achieving a 60% reduction in acquisition costs.
- Reduced digital asset production spend by 65% through the in-housing of digital design capabilities and reducing reliance on third-party agencies.
- Designed and deployed a unified analytics dashboard using tableau, providing a detailed overview of customer behavior and digital business performance, presented to the executive team on a weekly basis.
- Spearheaded the relaunch of corporate websites on modern technologies, resulting in significant improvements in GTM time, reducing bounce rate percentage by 35%, and increasing cart conversions by 30% within six months.
- Implemented effective email marketing campaigns, resulting in a 20% increase in open rates and a 15% increase in click-through rates, driving higher customer engagement and revenue growth.
Director of Ecommerce and Digital Marketing
Winston Brands – Elk Grove Village, IL | 02/2017 to 11/2017
As the executive leader, I led the design of fresh marketing strategies, materials, channels which were instrumental for the support of the $50M pipeline. This was driven by the creation of a high performing, cross-disciplined team responsible for customer experience & engagement, inbound & performance marketing, product marketing, website design & development, campaign management, analytics, Ecommerce, social, UX, design and A/B testing.
- Founded new Marketing Technology practice which completed multiple solution and technology projects which reduced costs by 30% and improved operational efficiencies.
- Led launch of $10M full stack digital refresh, inclusive of new end-to-end technology stack, content architecture and digital marketing re-stabilization.
- Through partnership with 3rd party digital agency, led new customer acquisition campaigns through SEM, retargeting, display & Facebook advertising, growing MQL generation by 120% YoY.
- Streamlined operational efficiencies by implementing innovate sales and marketing strategies, including online chat, personalized trigger and nurture email communications and push messaging.
- Integrated B2B, B2C, B2B2C digital programs scale, scope i driving dramatic increase in traffic, leads, and pipeline across cochlear.com.
- Rolled out analytics group and built marketing mix and forecasting capability, integrating into an annual planning, and budgeting process, consistently creating YoY incremental profitability.
- Improved down funnel conversion by 12% through by digitally transforming offline to online marketing through implementing interactive, D&B data personalized solutions, delivering relevant content at the right time of the buyer’s journey.
Director Digital Marketing
Sears Corp., Hoffman Estates, IL| 4/2016 to 2/2017
I was brought on board to apply my mix of digital and technology expertise to lead the strategy of their next gen eCommerce strategy, launch revamped Parts Direct digital experience, enhance the company’s mobile site, and grow the business by creating and executing an online marketing strategy. My areas of responsibility extend through the customer’s purchase, to the fulfillment of their order and include extensive interaction with all levels of the organization.
As Director of Digital Marketing, I led the $160M digital ecommerce business, overseeing consumer-facing ecommerce websites and member portals with a focus on user experience and conversion optimization.
- Developed and executed a technology roadmap to support digital strategy and projected growth of 200% over three years, including a mobile conversion rate strategy resulting in a 35% conversion improvement and a forecasted $10M annual revenue increase.
- Spearheaded a transformative integration API strategy, linking third-party distributors to corporate inventory and order management systems, resulting in an immediate $280K incremental revenue contribution in thirty days and an expected $2M in revenue in the first six months.
- Optimized website buyer journeys, increasing conversion by 250% and upgrades to premium product lines by 110%.
- Created a multi-channel marketing GTM roadmap with a focus on personalized shopping experiences based on prior buying patterns and analytics, as well as measurement frameworks for success.
- Managed product/platform development lifecycle through Agile methodologies, focusing on new features/releases to web properties and mobile applications, and led digital channel expansion with Amazon marketplace strategy, including advertising/promotions and high-priority category expansion.
- Developed and executed new selling/merchandising strategies focused on recurring revenue models, including water filter and air filter subscription services and B2B commercial (bulk order) account services.
- Led a team of digital marketing professionals to drive key initiatives and meet company growth objectives, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and success.
- Developed a digital-first culture focused on innovation, experimentation, and data-driven decision-making, fostering a mindset of continuous improvement and optimization.
- Implemented digital marketing attribution models and measurement frameworks to optimize ROI and inform future investment decisions.
Group Director Digital & eCommerce
Claire’s, Inc., Hoffman Estates, IL| 8/2014 to 4/2016
Recruited by the Chief Digital Officer to lead the expansion of Claire’s digital and ecommerce division by implementing digital transformation initiatives. Established and executed the ecommerce strategy, including global team management of user experience, digital product management, site merchandising, digital marketing, CRM, analytics, and operations. Led successful implementation of innovative digital marketing campaigns and promotions that resulted in a significant increase in sales revenue.
- Optimized the early-stage ecommerce site to transform it into a multi-million-dollar, digital business with a global network of eight websites in 3 languages, transacting in over 100 countries, resulting in a 150% YoY revenue growth.
- Led the successful eCommerce re-platforming for claires.com, icing.com and claires.co.uk, increasing site conversion by 50% in less than 8 months post-launch at claires.com and icing.com, resulting in an additional $10M in revenue.
- Launched a re-structured, enhanced affiliate marketing strategy, partnering with top content networks across North America and EMEA, leading to an increase in sales from the channel of 300%, generating an additional $5M in revenue.
- Transformed the brand to a mobile-first organization by deploying Claire’s first mobile shopping app through iTunes and Google Play, resulting in 100K downloads in 90 days, and increasing mobile conversion from 2% (website) to 13% (app) in EMEA and 9.5% (app) in North America, contributing to a $15M revenue increase.
- Streamlined and consolidated product management, program management, and site operations across two brands (Claire’s and Icing), saving $500k annually and reducing website load time by 30%; improving customer satisfaction.
- Created and implemented the organization’s first CRM from the ground up, which allowed for enhanced site personalization, 1:1 offer strategy, and the creation of Claire’s VIP shopper program, delivering exclusive offers to our most frequent shoppers, resulting in a $1.5M revenue contribution.
- Devised the data-driven digital product strategy that improved conversion rates by more than 40% YoY, generating an additional $30M in revenue. Leveraged a variety of online marketing and integrated retail assets including SEO, Affiliates, Email, Paid Search, Display, Social, loyalty program targeting tactics, and omni-channel capabilities to drive 80%+ YoY business growth in 2015, contributing to a $50M revenue increase.
- Implemented agile methodologies to the development lifecycle of digital products/platforms, focusing on new features/releases to web properties and mobile applications, resulting in 20% faster time-to-market.
- Collaborated with IT team and third-party vendors to drive a seamless shopping and fulfillment experience, leading the e-commerce roadmap and resulting in a 25% increase in repeat customer transactions. Defined and led the UX roadmap, resulting in a 15% increase in site traffic.
Global Director Digital Marketing & Platforms
Panduit, Corp., Tinley Park, IL | 8/2012 to 8/2014
Brought onboard to lead the digital transformation efforts, focused on integrating offline to online, migration of many disparate digital properties to a unified global presence, all underpinned by a ground up refresh of all Marketing and Sales technology. Responsible for the growth and strategy of the B2B e-commerce business, including the growth of the global team accountable for user experience, digital product management, creative services. site merchandising, digital marketing, CRM, data analytics, and operations.
- Led team of 42 marketers distributed worldwide, leading all areas of digital marketing, demand gen, creative, sales enablement, analytics, and development group.
- Through the value creation of companies .com properties, increased site traffic by 40%, resulting in improvement of online sales by 15% within 6-months
- Managed $200M Digital business, including web, mobile apps, and business partner portals, transacting in over 30 countries.
- Spearheaded organizations mobile app strategy, deploying several apps across iTunes and Google Play storefronts in support mobile shopping, sales enablement, and customer enablement tools.
- Deployed new strategies and platforms in support Marketing Automation programs; improving email unsubscribe rates by 50%, increased open rates by 60% and CTR by 40%.
- Led integration of new CRM platform, streamlining customer lifecycle sales processes with marketing activities, and implementing new MQL/SQL scoring strategies, enabling sales and marketing to drive a seamless selling and customer onboarding experience.
- Increased digital conversion rates by 20% through enhanced website functionalities, mobile site enhancements, UI, and buyer journey improvements.
- Significantly boosted net promoter score by building transformative sales/business relationships that created trusted partnerships.
- Spotlighted target opportunities for sales team by designing and developing Key Facts, which outlined opportunity size and historical habits of customers within key verticals.
Global Director Internet Marketing
ADP, Inc., Hoffman Estates, IL | 08/2008 to 8/2012
Built a cross-functional team of strategic marketing experts who focused on developing and executing an enterprise-wide demand generation function. My responsibilities included implementing marketing automation strategies, lead development, lead nurturing, thought leadership, CRM management, business intelligence and lead flow. I led the development and implementation of successful campaigns that increased lead generation and improved customer engagement, resulting in a significant increase in revenue.
- Developed and implemented an enterprise-wide digital marketing strategy, resulting in a 40% increase in lead generation and a 25% increase in marketing contributed revenue.
- Redesigned global websites based on user personas, CRO, and SEO best practices, leading to a 300% YoY increase in traffic, a 58% YoY increase in conversion rates, and a cost savings of over $1.5M annually.
- Increased inbound sales channel by over 50% and reduced “net selling expense” by generating actionable sales leads through digital channels to inside sales, resulting in a lower cost per sale.
- Led team to develop and execute a successful social and digital thought leadership content marketing program based on ADP Dealer Services big data research, resulting in over $1M in sales pipeline and over 10k annual gated content downloads.
- Collaborated with the product marketing team to deliver a best-in-class trade show presence at national shows and utilized social media techniques to drive booth traffic, engagement, and lead generation.
- Managed full P&L ownership, annual budgeting, and marketing plans for the organization, achieving a 20% increase in marketing ROI and a 15% increase in overall revenue.
- Implemented a marketing automation platform, resulting in a 30% increase in lead conversion rates and a 25% increase in marketing-qualified leads.
- Developed and implemented a content marketing strategy, resulting in a 35% increase in website traffic and a 20% increase in engagement.
- Optimized the customer journey through advanced analytics and personalization techniques, resulting in a 20% increase in customer satisfaction and a 25% increase in repeat purchases.
- Leveraged artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques to improve campaign targeting and optimization, resulting in a 15% decrease in customer acquisition costs and a 20% increase in customer lifetime value.
- Developed and executed successful paid media campaigns across multiple channels, resulting in a 40% increase in website traffic and a 30% increase in leads.
- Implemented and managed a successful referral marketing program, resulting in a 25% increase in referral traffic and a 20% increase in referral conversions.
Manager Digital Communications
Amazon.com, Phoenix, AZ | 7/2007 to 8/2008
Responsible for architecting brand and product communication strategies; developing branded content and campaigns for digital and social media; and managing the timing, consistency and resonance of messages across all digital channels.
- Increased organic traffic by 200% through key optimization and content strategies, resulting in 28% increase in conversion in the channel.
- Launched targeted keyword research process that increased email subscriptions through PPC by 29.5%.
- Developed and deployed Social Media Marketing plan to drive targeted traffic and increase sales revenue which included a custom branded YouTube Channel, Online User Forums, and Amazon Blog which generated more than 30,000 unique visitors in the first 6 weeks.
- Designed, built and launched Amazon Seller Knowledge Center, generating more than 100k unique visitors in first ninety days and reducing support calls by 28% in first six months.
- Led Affiliate Marketing Program design and implementation, leading to >500 added leads per month through the channel.
- Created e-marketing community, where none existed before: functional skills training, knowledge and competency development, regular internal communications and regional web workshops.
To lead successfully, I believe firmly in the power of education. This can come in many forms, from formal college education, to industry and business certifications, to attending webinars, conferences and workshops. I have had the opportunity to participate and complete each of these areas as highlighted below.
As a leader in the digital marketing and digital transformation space, I find it important to stay on top of today’s leading technologies. Being at the forefront of the worlds top digital marketing platforms allows me to lead my teams more successfully, work with our digital partners more cohesively and help drive the organization to greater success. I look to update my certifications every couple years or as I see major changes in the industry that require re-upping my skills to support those around me.
As technology continues to evolve, I believe as digital leader, my experience should as well. As demonstrated throughout my site, I believe that as leaders we can only be successful if we stay current on trends, technologies and understand how the tools we use each day fit into the overall ecosystem of the business. Hubspot’s certifications are internationally acknowledged and provide strong support in the ever growing world of digital marketing and transformation.
Continuous learning is something I believe strongly in. This helps me as a team member and a leader. Over the past few years, I have completed 136 hours of continuing education through LinkedIn’s Learning Academy. Ranging from Digital Strategy to Leadership Management and Finance. I have expanded my knowledge in many areas and continue to add to my library of completed courses. Below is a list of all 80 courses.
Emerging Leader Foundations
Machine Learning for Marketing Essential Training
Cross Functional Team Management
Problem Solving Techniques
Building Integrated Online Marketing Plans
Lifecycle Marketing Foundations
Marketing Foundations – The Marketing Funnel
Business Analytics – Marketing Data
Introduction to Business Analytics 2020
Marketing Analytics – Setting and Measuring KPIs
Master Digital Transformation
Design Thinking – Prototyping
Agile Development Practices
Learning Brainstorming Best Practices
Learning Design Thinking – Lead Change in your Organization
Leading a Customer
IoT Foundations Fundamentals
Design Thinking – Understanding the Process
Design Thinking –
Implementing an Information Security Program
Design Thinking – Implementing the Process
The Future of
The Six Morning Habits of High Performers
RPA, AI, and Cognitive
Tech for Leaders
Managing Up, Down, and Across the Organization
Learning Cloud Computing – Core Concepts
IoT Foundations – Standards and Ecosystems
Foundations of the Fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0)
Effectively Leading Digital Transformation
Customer Service Leadership
Creating a High Performance Culture
Coaching Skills for Leaders and Managers
CMO Foundations – Measuring Marketing Effectiveness (ROI)
Business Collaboration in the Modern Workplace
Cloud Architecture –
Advanced SEO –
Artificial Intelligence Foundations – Thinking Machines
Big Data in the
Age of AI
As a strategic leader, I bring a passion for people, technology and problem-solving. I draw my energy from building and nurturing diverse, high performing teams and helping them unlock their best selves in order to make a measurable, lasting impact for our organization.
Lets team up and build the next evolution of digital marketing for your organization.
We Are Here To Assist You
contact us today
© 2022 All Rights Reserved